Published: November 7, 2023, 5:58 PM IST
Protein powders have become the best supplements for weight loss, muscle gain, and even recovery. But they come in different types like whey protein and casein protein. Casein and whey are the two forms of protein found in milk, and they are the best sources of the necessary amino acids, but casein is absorbed slowly by the body. Some of the best casein protein powders work wonders for muscle growth and recovery.
Several bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts use casein protein supplements to gain lean muscle mass. Natural sources of casein protein include foods such as cottage cheese and Greek yogurt.
What are the benefits of casein protein powder?
There are several health benefits of casein protein.
- Source of amino acids: Casein protein maintains a constant supply of amino acids over time. According to various studies, consuming protein right before bed promotes better muscle recovery, reduces muscle breakdown, increases muscle retention, and increases muscle protein synthesis.
- Weight loss and muscle gain: Casein protein is ideal for removing excess body fat and building muscle. Clinical trials of overweight officers found significant improvements in strength and body composition, as well as lower body fat in the group administered casein protein.
- Improves metabolism: Casein protein also helps in increasing the metabolic rate. Consuming casein protein before bed has been scientifically proven to improve exercise performance and morning resting metabolic rate (RMR).
- Antibacterial: Casein protein contains antibacterial properties as well as bioactive peptides that have been found to help our immune system.
- High in calcium: Casein protein is rich in calcium, which helps with various body functions such as bone, muscle and blood vessel health.
Best Casein Protein Powders in India
If you are a fitness enthusiast looking for premium casein protein powders, try these best casein protein powder brands available in India.
1. Casein protein powder for optimal nutrition
Casein protein powder from Optimum Nutrition has all the necessary vitamins and proteins. It is offered in a variety of sizes and flavors, including custard, chocolate peanut butter, cookie, chocolate and creamy vanilla. The main ingredient in this casein powder is micellar casein, which is the slowest to absorb and is ideal for inducing satiety between meals and overnight recovery.
2. Dymatize elite casein protein
Dymatize Elite Casein Protein delivers flavor and casein content, with 25g of micellar casein per serving and a variety of flavors. Each container contains up to 50 servings of casein, and each serving provides 2.3g of L-leucine, which is the main amino acid that promotes improved muscle repair and protein synthesis. This casein comes in a variety of flavors, such as chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon bun, and cookies and cream.
Choose Topics of your interest and let us customize your feed.
3. GNC Casein Protein Powder
GNC Casein Protein Powder provides a steady stream of amino acids to fuel muscle growth and recovery for hours. One serving provides 25g of pure, slow-digesting protein along with EAA and glutamine to help your body meet your daily protein needs. When your body isn’t fed overnight, GNC’s casein acts as an anti-catabolic agent to inhibit the breakdown of muscle protein.
4. Natures Velvet Lifecare Casein Protein
This casein protein powder is formulated as a vegetarian product. Because of its slow absorption, casein is an ideal protein supplement to take when you’re going to bed or when you know you’re going to be going for an extended period without refueling.
5. MyFitFuel Micellar Casein Protein Powder
It has inherent anti-catabolic properties that help muscles grow stronger by reducing muscle breakdown. It also provides 4700 mg of BCAAs, 4600 mg of glutamine and 10,000 mg of essential amino acids in each scoop of the unflavored version.
Health Shots recommends: 5 Best Whey Proteins for Beginners to Build and Repair Muscle
How to use casein protein powder?
Fitness enthusiasts often take casein protein powder before bed with water or milk. Casein protein powder can be added to smoothies, shakes, or any other drink one likes. It can also be used as a nutritional ingredient in homemade muffins, ice cream, protein bars, cookies, puddings and pancakes.
#Casein #Protein #Powders #Muscle #Recovery
Image Source : www.healthshots.com