The plan recognizes the “gig worker,” early retiree needs for easy access to care, affordability
RICHARDSON, Texas, November 20, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With Health Insurance Enrollment in full swing in the HealthCare.gov Marketplace, Blue Cross and Blue Shield on Texas (BCBSTX) offers multiple options that can give independent workers access to care for themselves and their families. The registration deadline is January 16, 2024but for health care to begin January 1, 2024the last day to register is December 15.
An estimated 58 percent of American workers identify as self-employed, according to McKinsey’s 2022 American Opportunity Survey. Many gig workers, skilled freelancers, barbers, beauticians, ride share drivers, food service employees do this work without the benefit of employer sponsored health insurance.
Access to care and affordability are vital for Texans, especially for gig workers or early retirees who are not yet eligible for Medicare. Recognizing this, BCBSTX offers plans in all 254 Texas counties where many people in the Affordable Care Act (ACA) marketplace may qualify for a $0 monthly payment on some plans after applying subsidies and advance premium tax credit (APTC).
Since the ACA Marketplace launched in 2013, BCBSTX continues to offer individual and family plans in every zip code in Texas. These plans can be accessed through a strong network of providers and facilities.
Other highlights of BCBSTX’s plans include:
- MyBlueHealth plan with copays from the lowest $0 for all your primary care visits with a chosen provider;
- Two free emergency visits for unexpected moments;
- Access to a virtual primary care network that includes preventive wellness exams and routine care from the comfort of home;
- MedsYourWay, an exclusive BCBSTX savings program for prescription coverage that provides the best price on qualifying drugs;
- The nurse line is staffed by registered nurses who are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; and
- Annual wellness visits, checkups and immunizations.
“You don’t get caught red-handed. “One of the biggest benefits of health insurance is having the peace of mind of being covered and knowing you can get access to affordable health care when you need it,” said Jim Springfield, president of BCBSTX. “Even if you are in good health, you never know when you might have an accident or get sick. A trip to the hospital can be more expensive than you expect. That’s why we continue to offer more health plan options in all 254 Texas counties.”
Navigating health insurance enrollment can be daunting and complex, so here are some tips to help you through the process:
- Personal Information Checklist:
- Personal identification details, including Social Security numbers for all family members applying for coverage
- Employment and income information
- Information on all current health insurance plans
- Research and understand the benefits and costs of each plan to find coverage that works best for you and your family members. Understand other out-of-pocket costs, including deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance. Make sure your medications are covered.
- Check for additional benefits such as dental, vision, accident or critical illness insurance. There are often options available that can protect you and your family. Also look for programs that reward healthy choices and engagement in improving your health.
BCBSTX representatives are available to provide enrollment guidance in English and Spanish and to help individuals and families learn what health insurance options are available. Here’s how to get help:
- Call directly:Reach BCBSTX at 888-731-0317 for help choosing the best plan.
- Complete an online application:Visit BCBSTX.com to view and compare plans and easily apply online.
- Contact a BCBSTX Independent Agent:For one-on-one guidance, contact an independent, authorized BCBSTX representative. Find an agent on the BCBSTX website under “Find a Plan” and then click “Contact Us” and “Request an Agent.”
About the Blue Cross and the Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) the state’s only customer-owned health insurance company in Texas is the largest provider of health benefits in the state, working with more than 140,000 physicians and health care practitioners, and 520 hospitals to serving more than 7 million members in all 254 counties. BCBSTX is a Division of Health Care Corporation (HCSC) (which operates Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans in Texas, Illinois, Montana, Oklahoma and New Mexico). Health Care Service Corporation is a mutual legal reserve company and an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
BCBSTX.com| Twitter.com/BCBSTX| Facebook.com/BlueCrossBlueShieldOfTexas| YouTube.com/BCBSTX | A highlight of the BCBSTX community
View original content for multimedia download: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/blue-cross-and-blue-shield-of-texas-tailors-health-insurance-options-during-open-enrollment- 301993999 .html
SOURCE The Blue Cross and the Blue Shield of Texas
#Blue #Cross #Blue #Shield #Texas #adjusts #health #insurance #options #open #enrollment
Image Source : www.news-journal.com